Sunday 25 November 2012

Curry Cake - Syn free

A few weeks ago we had a taster session at our Slimming World group and someone brought in a curry cake. I was a bit dubious because the words, curry and cake don't usually go together in my life!
I braved it though (I'm not very adventurous when it comes to trying new food!) and found it to be delicious.

A couple of weeks later I won the raffle and won the ingredients to make the curry cake and seeing as it's so delicious and oh so free of syns, I thought I'd share it with you :)
I was meant to make this ages ago when I got the ingredients but I've only just got round to it!



All you need are three ingredients:

1 packet Bachelor's curry rice (dried)
1 tin ASDA Chickpea Dahl (as far as I know, it has to be the ASDA tin because other versions are not guaranteed to be syn free)
4 eggs

Cook the rice per packet directions. Whisk the eggs then mix the rice, eggs and tin of chickpea dahl together.
Spray loaf tin with frylight then pour mixture in and bake at gas 6 for 40 minutes although there are lots of versions of this recipe on the Internet and the cooking times and oven temps vary greatly. I suggest you keep checking your loaf; stick a knife or something in the middle to see if it comes out clean.

2 comments:

  1. How may pieces are you allowed?? I could probably eat it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a comment come through on my email that's not showing here so I thought I'd reply anyway in case the person comes back for an answer!
    The question was, how many pieces are you allowed? The answer is...all of it if you're following the slimming world plan as it's totally syn free :)

    ReplyDelete