Wednesday 17 October 2012

Cucumber cups with tuna salad

We had a taster session at group today and I decided to make some Cucumber cups with tuna salad.
I've been collecting low syn buffet food ideas for our Christmas Day buffet tea and I loved the idea of these cucumber cups.
Tuna and cucumber is one of my favourite sandwich fillings but I didn't want to spend syns on the bread so this is the perfect compromise for me!



You will need:

2 tins of tuna in water
2 level tbsp extra light mayo (2 syns)
2 level tbsp sweet pickle (2 syns)
2 tomatoes, diced
half an onion, diced (or to taste)
Salt and Pepper
Fresh dill to garnish (optional)


Method:

Drain the tuna and mix it with the mayo, sweet pickle, tomato, onion and salt and pepper.

Cut the cucumber into about 2cm thick slices then using a melon baller, scoop out the middle, making sure not to go right through the bottom.



Fill in the middle of the cucumber with about a teaspoon of the tuna salad.

Top with freshly ground black pepper and some fresh dill (if you have it....which I haven't today!)

2 comments:

  1. These are a great idea ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could say they were my idea but I saw them on Pinterest! :)

    ReplyDelete