Thursday 4 October 2012

Leek and potato soup

I've looked at loads of leek and potato soup recipes and I've found a lot of them to be complicated and use more ingredients than I think is needed.
I like a nice, simple soup and I'll share how I make mine.

I'm following Extra Easy on Slimming World so I only know that this is free on that plan.
I can't help you with information for the green or original plans I'm afraid.

To serve 4 you will need:

1 large leek
1 and a half pounds of potatoes
Salt and pepper
2 bay leaves
Vegetable stock


Slice the leeks lengthwise and wash, then shred them and put them in a saucepan.
Peel and dice the potatoes and add to the pan.
Put the bay leaves in the pan then pour over the stock until it covers the vegetables. Add salt and pepper then bring to the boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for about 30 - 40 minutes.

Remove the bay leaves and blend the soup.

2 comments:

  1. I love making soup - I made courgette and potato using veg out of my garden this week and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My potato crop this year was terrible. The only thing I've been successful in growing was peas last year so I think I'm going to give up my try at growing vegetables and stick to flowers!

    It must be really satisfying though to be able to cook using veg you've grown yourself (I never got to cook the peas because they didn't make it to the kitchen....the kids loved eating them raw from the pod!).

    ReplyDelete